Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Dogfish Head My Antonia


Brewed by: Dogfish Head Craft Brewery
Brewery Location: Milton, DE

Style: American Double/Imperial Pilsner
ABV: 7.50%

I am a big fan of a good pilsner, and as most everybody who reads this blog knows, I am a big fan of the Dogfish Head Craft Brewery. I had seen the My Antonia on the shelf before, and finally decided to pick it up a few days ago, over the Sah Tea. (But let’s be honest here, I’ll probably purchase the Sah Tea tomorrow night. How can I resist?) Once again, I was nothing short of ecstatic with my purchase.

I poured into a traditional pint glass, and was greeted with a light, pale yellow, that had a bit of a cloudy appearance. The amount of lacing was pretty ridiculous; it’s safe for me to say that the My Antonia may have the stickiest lace of any beer I have tasted to date. There was a larger than average head that stuck around for the majority of the drink.

Upon first smell, I picked up on some serious hints of grass, lemon, and citrus. It smelled incredibly refreshing, and I was very happy that I was sipping it on a somewhat warm day. I also picked up the smell of piney hops, but they were more of an undertone than the easily recognizable smells, like lemon.

The taste very much complemented the smell. It has a very crisp, refreshing taste to it, accentuating the lemon, grass and hoppy flavors. Like most pilsners, it had a bit of a dry taste to it, but finished up with a little bitterness from the hops.

Not really much else to say on the My Antonia. There is nothing absolutely incredible that stands out about it, but what you are left with is one solid Pilsner. I’m starting to think Sam Calagione made a deal with the Devil…

1 comment:

  1. Hello.

    I recently noticed that you were using a photo here that belongs to me. If you would like to continue using the photo, I don't mind. Just be sure to attribute the source of the photo to DailyBeerReview.com with a link to the review of this particular beer http://www.dailybeerreview.com/2010/08/my-antonia-pilsner.html Anchor text can vary depending how your attribution appears on your site.

    Currently, you incorrectly link to a site that does not own this photo and have no attribution.

    Thank you for your prompt attention. Please forward me the appropriate link after updates have been completed.

    Regards,

    Rob
    dailybeerreview@yahoo.com
    DailyBeerReview.com

    ReplyDelete