Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A Formal Update and Thanks

I started this blog not too long ago with the intentions of providing solid, well written reviews for craft and microbrewed beer. I originally intended on my target audience to be college students who are looking for something besides incredibly cheap session beer, but I have found that my audience has expanded to people from all walks of life. I am incredibly happy with this shift, because through my discussions with people through this blog, through twitter, through shopping in my local beer distributor and whilst sipping on a cold one, I have come to learn something: beer is truly a universal beverage.

I have had traffic from over 20 different countries to this blog, ranging from the USA, to Europe, to the Middle East. That amazes me, and makes me very thankful that I have the technology at hand to discuss something that I, and many others, truly enjoy. The Brew Backer Twitter account reached 1,000 followers today, also from all walks of life. I honestly did not expect to gain that many followers that quickly, and for that again, I am grateful. Here's to the next thousand.

One idea that I am thinking about implementing is having a different guest write a review each week about a beer of their choosing. This will allow for more posts, and would add different voices to the blog. Again, we all come from different places and have varying backgrounds, and it would be nice to share these voices in a unified manner about a subject that, being that you are here reading this, I assume you truly enjoy. If you would be interested in writing a review for a week, or perhaps more, please feel free to email me at brewbacker@gmail.com!

I've truly been enjoying running this blog, and will continue to do so with my utmost dedication. Here's to good beer and good friends. Cheers, all.

1 comment: