Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Victory Prima Pils


Brewed by: Victory Brewing Company
Brewery Location: Downingtown, PA

Style: German Pilsner
ABV: 5.30%

I’ve heard a lot of good things about the Victory Brewing Company from friends and fellow brew-junkies, and finally thought to give one of their beers a try. I am a fairly adamant fan of a good pilsner, so I decided to give the Prima Pils a try. Turns it out was a fantastic choice.

I decided to enjoy this beer in a tulip glass. The Prima Pils pours like a traditional German pilsner, with a cloudy and golden pale color, with a decent amount of head. There was a surprising amount of lacing throughout the entire drink.

This beer was a very nice smell to it. It has hints of citrus, malt, and even a bit of grain. It smells like a fairly complex beer, and left me very excited for the first sip.

The smell of this beer predicted the taste rather nicely. It is a slightly bitter beer, and bit hoppier than other pilsners. It has a malty and lemon taste to it, which balances out the hoppiness quite well.

Like I said before, I am a big fan of pilsners. I was genuinely impressed with the Prima Pils, and would certainly purchase it again in the future. I am looking forward to trying more beer from the Victory Brewing Company, that’s for sure. Next beer from Victory: Hop Devil!

No comments:

Post a Comment