Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Local Harvest Ale Sebago


Brewed by: Sebago Brewing Company
Brewery Location: Gorham, ME

Style: American Pale Ale
ABV: 6.20%

The Sebago ale pours a deep brown, with hints of amber. A thick head makes a brief appearance, and then soon after settles into some serious lacing. Overall I was extremely happy with the appearance in a pint glass, especially under the light.

There is a very faint smell, which is quite hoppy, and definitely fruity. You can almost smell a bit of tangerine and grapefruit, which makes for a very pleasant smell that is not overpowering in the slightest. The aroma of alcohol is not present in the slightest. I found myself just taking in the aroma of this beer for a bit longer than usual.

The taste is very smooth, with the sweet fruity flavors complementing the hoppy bitter flavors quite well. There is a very impressive balance of flavors. As the drink progresses, the bitterness of the hops make themselves more apparent, but it does not detract from the flavor at all. It is hard to pick up on the fact that this is a 6.20% ABV.

I was fairly impressed by this beer, especially due to the fact that it comes from a fairly underrated brewery. I certainly wish this wasn’t a seasonal beer, as I could see myself drinking it again in the future.

You can purchase this beer at Connecticut Liquors.

No comments:

Post a Comment